PRIMSUE'S HEART AND HOME


…thoughts from my heart on my love for God, family and the care and decorating of our home

Thursday, May 31, 2012

HELLO, IT’S BEEN A WHILE

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  Psalm 62:1-2

Do you ever go through a season when you just need some quiet time?  A time when you need to just be quiet, spend time with God, and rest in Him.  Well, that is where I have been.  (I have been walking with a loved one through some health issues and it has been heavy on my heart.  I have also been dealing with some health issues, but have had a positive outcome and am doing well now.)  I have just needed to hold tight to my God who is in control and let Him lead me through this time.

Because I have chosen to spend more time with God in this season, my computer time has been limited.  When time allowed I have visited some of my favorite blogs, but have not left comments. I apologize for this and hope to get back to participating in blogland.

MOVING ON…

May has been a busy month.  We attended our three year old grandson’s first preschool program.  Each class sang a few songs and we were so proud of Caleb – he did a great job.

Caleb before the program.
002

His class was singing “Be careful little eyes…”
007

Memorial weekend we went to Georgia for my husband’s Cousin Reunion.  This was the first time we have been able to go.  I didn’t know anyone, but Adolph had a good time catching up with everyone.  It was a pleasant day and now I can say that I do know some of the family connections.  On Friday night we went to a restaurant called Jack’s On the River.  Is is in a very rural area out from Dublin and they serve the best farm raised catfish with all the trimmings – delicious.

This was the view from our table.  Not the best picture – but hopefully you can see the sun shining on the river through the trees.  It was beautiful.
photobucket-14099-1338459886303

June will be another busy month.  Our granddaughter will have her fifth grade graduation, we will celebrate our 43rd anniversary, we have friends coming to visit from Texas, and we will be going on vacation. I will try to make time to visit your blogs and maybe share a bit as the month unfolds.

Thanks for stopping by and hanging in there with me when I am inactive. 

Blessings,
Sue

5 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Good morning Sue.
It sounds like you are at peace - good for you. Sorry about your friends health issues - hope they are well taken care of and can be healed. And I am glad that you are feeling better. Our health is so important and when we hurt or are ill we just can't seem to think of anything else but that. I'm happy you have God to guide you.

The view from your table is beautiful - I love looking out over water when I dine - so soothing isn't it?

You have lots going on don't you - I hope you get to FULLY ENJOY ALL OF IT.

Glad to see you back posting Sue.
Blessings,
Karen

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Hi Sue,

Good to see you back. I do hope you and your friends health issues get better.

What a lovely view from the table! Perfect!

Carmen and the Primcats

Kristy said...

Good Morning Sue...I am glad you are feeling better and will keep your friend in prayer. Have missed you, Hugs, Kristy

bettyj said...

Will continue my prayers Sue. Love that view. We had a cousins reunion a couple of years ago and it was wonderful.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sorry to hear what you've been going through Sue but so very thankful for the love and peace that you can only receive from God. Thankful that you are allowing Him to carry you through this season of your life.