PRIMSUE'S HEART AND HOME


…thoughts from my heart on my love for God, family and the care and decorating of our home

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Couple of Makeovers & A Small Craft Project

I finally finished the makeovers on a couple of goodies I found at the Bittersweet Antiques Gathering earlier this month.  I forgot to take before pictures so I cropped the items out of the group picture I took of all the goodies I found at the Gathering.

First, is this table top desk.  I painted it black, sanded it a little and finished it off with a coat of Minwax dark walnut stain.
Table Top Desk Table Top Desk After
The other makeover is a makedo basket that had been painted a blue gray.  I gave it a heavy coat of Minwax dark walnut stain – I liked the color but it dried with a glossy finish.  I made a trip to Walmart and picked up a can of Krylon Matte Finish craft spray.  Now I love the way it turned out.
BasketBasket After
Today I made some Salt Dough Pumpkins to hang on the wire tree that sits on my Kitchen counter.  The house sure did smell good!  I also added some Dried Orange Slices that I picked up last weekend at one of the Prim Shops I visited. 
Makeovers 030
I found this little wire tree at an Antique Shop last February and have been changing the ornaments out for each season.  This was the last indoor Fall decorating project I needed to complete.  I would still like to plant a few more Mums outside and then I can relax and enjoy the season.

Saturday I plan to go to a couple of Antique Gatherings in the area.  I hope to find some goodies to add more of the Prim look to our home.

I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of the Fall season and looking forward to a great weekend.

Autumn Blessings,
Sue

7 comments:

mrssmith07 said...

Sue...love your make overs...
especially that basket...
I would never have thought to do that!!

Your little metal Fall tree with the pumpkins and orange slices sure is cute!! I bet it does smell good!!

HuGs
Rox

Michele said...

The makeovers look terrific!

Robyn said...

I love your metal tree! Your makeovers look awesome! Great job!

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Great job, Sue!
Everything looks wonderful.
Tam

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love the items you transformed..I have that little wire tree too..will have to pull it out and use it.:) have a great weekend having fun.;)

Misi said...

Great finds and fantastic transformations!. Love your pumpkins. TFS

At Home With Amy said...

Great makeovers. That basket is so much better now. Love it.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
AMY