PRIMSUE'S HEART AND HOME


…thoughts from my heart on my love for God, family and the care and decorating of our home

Sunday, November 14, 2010

FANCY FLEA, EYECANDY IN THE MAIL, AND A LITTLE GRATITUDE

Twice a year a group in our town hosts The Fancy Flea - a vintage flea market – held on a closed street downtown.  The Fall event was Saturday and I decided to step out of my comfort zone and set up a booth – I love to buy but have never tried selling at one of these events.  

Several years ago (when we only had two granddaughters) I bought enough Raggedy Ann & Andy paraphernalia to decorate both of their bedrooms and a guestroom at our home – I went a little overboard!  Well, they have out grown Ann & Andy, and we have downsized, and it is time for someone else to enjoy these goodies.  So I decided I would give selling at the Fancy Flea a try.  I did sell some, but I still have a lot left.  Everyone keeps telling me I need to sell on ebay – maybe one day I will give that a try.

Here is a photo of my Raggedy Ann & Andy display.  I know – obsessive!

001

I also brought along some of the other things I have collected over the years and no longer want to use in our home.  Below is a photo of the other side of my booth.

004

And of course I couldn’t attend an event like this without buying.  Below is a photo of the goodies I found – a firkin, an inkwell with feather, an old book, a neat old basket, and a rolling pin with black handles.  All in all it was a fun day.

019

LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAILTHIS WEEK! 
I have read on other blogs and forums about the American Country series of books from Time Life - many of you use these for inspiration in your decorating.  Well, I thought I would see if I could find some.  I tried Amazon and did find many for sale and some at good prices, but before I ordered any I thought I would try ebay.  I just happened to find a lot of ten books for sale with a little over an hour left on the bidding time and I had the time to sit and watch and bid and slip in the winning bid at the last minute.  I was so excited – I got all ten books for just under $30, including shipping.  Now of course I am on the look out for the other ten to complete the set.  I love the challenge of completing a collection and the hunt is a great part of the fun.


These are the ones I received and I sure am enjoying all of the eyecandy and great ideas.

004

GRATITUDE
I am so grateful for my sweet husband who helped me in every way with the Fancy Flea – from loading and unloading the vehicle, packing and unpacking, getting up at 5:00 am to arrive and be set up by the designated time, hanging out with me all day and helping with sales.  He truly is the best husband and the love of my life.  I am so blessed.


I hope you all have had a blessed weekend.

With a Grateful Heart,
Sue

7 comments:

dee begg said...

Sorry you didn't sell all your raggedy ann/andy things. Collectors can be a little obsessive...thank goodness for us sellers! LOL!

It's always nice to have good help for doing any kind of show. Mine are getting older and not as interested in helping anymore. I have about 2 more years to do shows with help and then I'll be on my own!

D

busybee said...

it looks like you found some great items at the market! your booth looked so cute! my coworker loves raggedy anne's & andy's!! :)

i bet those new books will give you lots of great ideas! :)

your hubby sounds like a keeper!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Your stand looked nice,everything displayed nicely.When we do our fleamarkets in the summer that's what everyone notices first how nice your stand looks.I get antsy though setting up as I want to go treasure hunt.My hubby is a BIG help.Looks like you found some nice goodies.I have a couple of the time life books and just look at a the little details.I especially like the christmas and kitchen one.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Wow Sue... what a fun weekend. Those books look great! I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I've never seen them before. And Your new goodies are primtastic! Love that firkin! Did you get a deal?

Carmen and the Primcats

Harvest Your Blessings said...

Your booth looks wonderful! Sounds like you had a great time and even found some treasures. Very sweet :)
Blessings, Dawn~

bettyj said...

What good finds. I have a lot, not the whole set, of those time life books and love them. They are so full of what I love. You will enjoy them for years to come. Like the firkin and the basket too.
betty

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Sue you were the raggedy collector thats for sure!! Your booth looked great!

You got some pretty awesome stuff too! Your hunny sounds like a wonderful man....nothing better than having one as your best friend as well!

Let me know what books you have I have a whole set(which I bought when they came out) but I always pick extras up when I see them. I may be able to help you complete your set!

hugs to you my prim friend!
Lori