PRIMSUE'S HEART AND HOME


…thoughts from my heart on my love for God, family and the care and decorating of our home

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TUESDAY DISPLAY CHAIN - NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON’T

For eight years I have looked at the thermostat on our Living Room wall and wished it was invisible.  To me it was the focal point when you came in the front door.  It always stood out in any wall grouping I tried.  I asked my sweet husband if we could hang something over it – some type of box or a shelf with something hanging from it and he was never agreeable to any of my suggestions.  This was really bugging me because he usually will figure out a way to let me have my way.  Well, I finally came up with the idea to lean a ladder against the wall with a coverlet hanging on it and I guess he thought this was an okay idea because a few months ago he found a ladder and bought it for me.  It is an eight foot section of an old grove ladder and I love it – but I love him more for doing this for me.
Here is the way it looked before.

002

And here is the way it looks now.  I think it is just the perfect solution.

004

I would like to find some more coverlets to layer with this one, but at least I don’t have to look at the thermostat any more.  Thank you, honey, for making my idea a reality.

This week Robyn of Primlish is hosting the Tuesday Display Chain for Misi.  Robyn chose the theme "Peek-A-Boo" - ways you hide your things or unique ways that you store things.  Be sure to visit Primlish  and check out Robyn’s display, along with the others who are joining in on this week’s Display Chain.  

With A Grateful Heart,
Sue

12 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

It looks great! You would never guess there is a thermostat behind it!
I love the ladder & the coverlet!
thanks for stopping by my blog!
have a nice day,
Teresa

dee begg said...

Such a "simple" fix makes all the difference. I really like the ladder there.

Have a great day.

D

Michele said...

Great fix! I have 2 large ladders and 1 small ladder in our home ~ love to use them!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Good idea sue! Prim & Simple.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

Audrey said...

I like your ladder idea and really like that hubby bought it for you.

Robyn ♥ said...

What a perfect solution! What a sweet hubby to find you a wonderful ladder!

mrssmith07 said...

Now isn't your hubby just something else??!!

Sue it looks wonderful now!!



Hugs
Rox

The Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sue, great idea! It looks wonderful and doesn't interfere with the air circulation.

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hi Sue,
Aren't you clever! What a great ladder and a great guy for finding it especially for you. Thanks for sharing your home!

Rhonda

A Primitive Homestead said...

This is great to hide the thermostat! I love your ladder & your coverlet is pretty. Blessings to you & yours!

bettyj said...

What a good idea! Looks good
betty

Anonymous said...

SUE THIS LOOKS AWESOME.....VERY CLEVER IDEA INDEED!

SORRY TO COMMENT SO LATE (GRAM HAS BEEN SICK....CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE)

HUGS MY PRIM FRIEND!
LORI